Wednesday, April 15, 2015

BI and FMCG why is it needed?

In the FMCG industry if you could utilize some sort of BI tool we can use the insights to find answers to some important questions like


  • how do I make intelligent decisions based on the data I have

  • how do I pull up reports which can be used for day to day and predicting future strategies

  • how do we relate better to the customer

  • How can we be sensitive to the market?
  • should I launch a new product?
  • should I invest in new inventory? ( I had read an interesting article where the company figured out that it would be a really bad decision to purchase new inventory as their BI Tool showed them that they had lots of stock which was stagnating. Instead they launched a quick sale and cleared out the inventory and just in the nick of time because they also realized that the trend showed that customers were not really interested in the size of the products anymore, they wanted something packaged smaller and priced lower. "I will try to get that website and link it here").




No comments:

Post a Comment