Monday, April 13, 2015

What is BI got to do with FMCG?

Lately I have totally intrigued with BI or Business Intelligence. When you are an affiliate marketer, or a part time blogger, you worry about different things.

Things like, how do I get traffic to my site, how do I get sales, which products to promote, what keywords.

Recently I moved into a much bigger playing area. I have been privy to huge amounts of Data or what some call BIG data. I have been trying to understand how to analyse this data to get meaningful insights which can be actually measured and worked with.

How does one find what are the problem areas, how does one use the structured, unstructured, semi structured data on hand to predict the good bad and ugly.

Thats when I realized I need to narrow it down. I read up quite a bit on different indutries and now my focus is on trying to work sector wise.

Because that is the best way to break this down and understand what is going on with BI say in FMCG.

What core issues does the FMCG sector have, heck what is the difference between FMCG and Retails and Manufacturing?

This blog hopefull is helpful to you as I venture out on this journey, sector by sector, step by step. Follow , Like, Comment (Agree / Disagree).

Leave me links I can work with - I know it will cut down my learning curve.

No comments:

Post a Comment